The Colorado Lottery, a division of the Department of Revenue for the State of Colorado, creates and sells Lottery games of chance that are held to the highest standards of integrity, entertainment, and efficiency to maximize proceeds for the people of Colorado. Over the past 34 years, they have returned $2.9 billion to Colorado for parks, recreation, open space, wildlife projects, and public school construction.
We also worked to overcome the following technical challenges in developing the complex backend of the site:
- Encryption and other security controls to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of PII and drawing-related data
- Data modeling and database design for large dataset
- ETL data migration from legacy format
- Fault-tolerance for external API integrations
- Security consulting for internal processes and technology
- Concurrency control techniques to ensure the consistency of data being manipulated by many parties at once
- Auto-scaling fault-tolerant deployment on AWS
- Screen-reader compatibility, internationalization and 508 compliance
- Audits for accessibility and usability
- Real-time user interviews with Lottery players
We also provide hosting for all these properties and we’re proud to say that the Colorado Lottery site was one of the only State Lottery sites that stayed up and running during the $1.6 billion Powerball Jackpot in 2016.