How to Find a Good Web Designer in Denver
Posted by fusionbox on Jan. 17, 2013, 5 p.m.
If you're a business owner, you know how important it is to have a good website. It's also just as important to have a good web designer help you represent your brand and sell your products or services on your website. But how do you know when you've found the right person for the job? We've created a list of qualifications that you should look for when choosing the perfect web designer for your project.
- Do a Google search to find web design companies in the area. Or, if you don't mind being a long distance client, you can broaden your search to other cities.
- Once you have come up with a reasonable list of design firms that you like, take a look at the designers' portfolios. Do the designs reflect the businesses they represent in a unique and creative way? Are the client websites easy to navigate? Are the website load times quick or slow? Do the websites display well in different browsers? These are all important aspects to consider, not only for your own website, but for your targeted audience experience as well.
- Keep in mind that previous designs won’t necessarily reflect your exact vision of your new site, but prior work should be clean, well organized and have appeal to the target audience.
- See what type of content management system (CMS) and coding languages these designers work with. You may not have a favorite language or CMS in mind, but a good designer can tell you which tools they prefer to work with and why. Designers with experience and pride in their creations care about their work, and understand what the available tools are.
Take the time to research and prepare some ideas for your new website. See what your competitors are (or aren't) doing. Browse the Internet and choose some websites that have designs you like so that you’ll have examples ready when meeting with your designer. Be prepared to answer some of the designer's questions such as:
- What does your company do?
- Do you have a logo or theme for your brand?
- Will branding be part of the project?
- When would you like to launch?
- Do you require E-commerce capabilities?
- Do you plan on maintaining the website yourself or will ongoing maintenance be a service you are looking for?
- Put together a budget that you would like your designer to adhere to. You may even want to set some money aside in case you want to add some extras to your website along the way. Your designer will also ask you what your budget is, so having one is mind saves time for everyone.
Choosing a good web designer doesn't have to be difficult, but you definitely want to make sure that you choose the right person for your needs. If you are in need of a great website, consider Denver web design company, Fusionbox. We'd love to design a website that you and your business can be proud of. Contact us at 303.952.7490.