Is Your SEO Company Promising You #1 Ranking or Placement on Google?
Posted by fusionbox on Aug. 2, 2011, 6 p.m.
Unsure about whether or not to go with a Denver SEO Agency promising you top rankings in Google or another search engine? You have reason to be wary.
Google is very clear on this:
"No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google. Beware of SEOs that claim to guarantee rankings, allege a "special relationship" with Google, or advertise a "priority submit" to Google. There is no priority submit for Google. In fact, the only way to submit a site to Google directly is through our Add URL page or by submitting a Sitemap and you can do this yourself at no cost whatsoever."
So how do sketchy SEO companies fool you?
- Only promise rankings for one/a few keywords that have little to no traffic and/or competition (they've already done their research and know which ones to pick.)
- Submit your website to 500 useless directories in a very short period. Number one results?!? Oh yeah- for two days. Then Google catches up to you and kicks you out of the results. Period. For a good time, try going through the reconsideration process and watch money flow down the drain while waiting.
- Put on a winning smile, take your money, then disappear.
Other things to watch for:
- Cold-calls and emails from companies you've never heard of.
- Pulling the wool over your eyes – because Search Engine Optimization is magic! Sorry, but any SEO agency worth its salt can clearly explain what they are doing and why.
- “I'll get links for your site by spamming my email database and offering reciprocal/three way/18 way links! Google will never figure it out!" Google already figured it out.
- Claiming a “personal relationship with Google”. Again, nope. Try once more.
The truth is, ranking a website in any search engine is (somewhat) simple and the result of strategy, hard work, and quality output over time. Let the Denver SEO experts at Fusionbox teach you a little about what it takes by contacting us.