Social Media Goes Beyond Facebook & Twitter
Posted by ivy on Feb. 1, 2011, 5 p.m.
Social media marketing goes well beyond just posting to Facebook and Twitter. When creating a plan, look at online public relations as a whole. This means you might want to consider the following tactics if they are right for your brand:
- Contacting bloggers and suggesting posts. Commenting on blogs or articles germane to your business.
- Managing the top search engine results. Something negative that might be ranking high on search engines can do considerable damage to the brand.
- Managing online reviews. This includes posting immediate responses to negative reviews, and come up with ways to encourage good reviews.
- Creating, optimizing and posting press releases. This gets the news out and helps search engine ranking.
- Creating and/or participating in groups, forums, directories and networks.
- Create and post compelling content in the form of blogs, articles, resources, and thought leadership that is helpful to your target audience.
- Create an outlet for your clients to talk about themselves and grow their businesses.
These are the things that always get left off a plan but can make the difference in the generating more brand awareness, business and leads.