Social Media Marketing for Credit Unions
Posted by ivy on Jan. 19, 2011, 5 p.m.
Fusionbox believes that all marketing should be measured including social media marketing. Key performance indicators you'll want to track include the number of fans and followers, conversations, traffic to your site and any leads generated from social media outlets. When putting together and plan and a strategy for your credit union, here are a few things to think about:
- What are your goals and how will you measure them?
- Who are you talking to? Are there several audiences? What are the proper channels for these audiences? How will you encourage your audience to become ambassadors for your brand?
- How will you build fans/followers and conversations? How will you retain fans/followers? Do they care about what you have to say?
- What will you post and how often? Who will post? Who will monitor conversations? What kind of content will you post?
- What is your plan when negative comments are posted?
- How will you track your success? What tools will you use to monitor the brand and conversations?
Here are a few examples of what kinds of content to post:
- Do post events and community service projects you are involved in.
- Post helpful information on taxes, retirement and saving for college.
- Ask your members how you are doing and what you can do better.
- Run contests giveaways and post about the winners.
- Provide customer service and answer questions immediately.
- Alert fans and followers of any changes or updates to services.
Social Media Marketing is a valuable tactic for communicating with your target audience of members and potential members. The trick is to be helpful and never over-promotional in your posts. Good luck!